At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans.
The Licensing & Podcast Operations team is part of the Global Affairs organization and is responsible for driving a variety of strategic initiatives, including – among others – implementing licensing contracts, monitoring execution of contract commitments, defining the data strategy for major labels and publishers, building out Spotify’s podcast Rights Management System, building standard reports for partners, and driving business insights for the licensing team to facilitate contracts negotiation.
You will be the lead on the Deal Implementation vertical, a subset of the Licensing & Podcast Operations team. The mission of this vertical is to ensure a smooth process of managing & tracking implementation, risk assessment, and compliance across Spotify’s top Label & Publishing deals as well as Podcast deals; building out cross functional communications plans for audiences from the C-suite down to executing teams; and also being a key point for business intelligence (deal related insights and analytics). Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally across all areas of the business is a must. This work will require a lot of translating between our deal & legal teams and internal functions (product, accounting, legal, revenue, marketing, etc.) and thinking nimbly and on your toes. This is a great role for someone who wants to be involved across all of Spotify’s business areas and delve deep into our licensing commitments.
What You’ll Do
- Continue to iterate on the end-to-end contract implementation process for every licensing contract.
- That includes process, system, metadata, data master, taxonomy, timeline etc.
- Lead the execution of cross functional communication and engagement strategy to educate the broader company about licensing contract commitments, cycles, and goals
- Develop and manage a target cascade and score-carding process to cascade commitments, assign accountability, track progress, raise issues, and communicate status update.
- Drive the escalation process for critical situations of non compliance, by leveraging your chain of command. Anticipate issues in advance of other stakeholders.
- Drive standardization and automation wherever possible
- Lead all internal conversations pertaining to implementing said deals – embedding with legal & licensing during pre-deal review, and building up accountability and education with cross-functional commitments owners post deal signing
- Be creative enough and nimble to identify other areas for optimization – ex: building out a library for insights/narratives, education workshops, post mortems
- This role will liaise across every Spotify vertical – from monetization, to product, to artist marketing, to technical accounting, etc.
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience in music and/or tech industry
- Flexibility to adapt in a quick moving environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in licensing (ideally in the music space) AND/OR in a legal function in a music/media or rights management organization a plus
- Strong experience working with C-suite executives to manage and assess risk
- Proven background in managing large and complex decentralized cross-functional projects
- Detail oriented
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
This job originally appeared on Spotify's website.Apply