Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
Podcasts are a focus area for Spotify as we expand into an audio network. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our quickly growing Podcast Monetization team. You’ll join a cross-functional group defining how streaming ad insertion will fit into the podcast ecosystem. By generating actionable insights, you’ll impact the strategy and direction of Spotify’s podcast monetization. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences podcasts.
As a Data Scientist, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights, and get a deep understanding of the world of podcast listeners. Together with us you will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives and experiment with new features.
We are looking for a Data Scientist, to help us in the following areas:
– How do we engage our audiences with relevant and personalized messages through the right channel at the right time?
– How can we drive a better user experience?
– How can we gain a deeper understanding of our users?
– How do we accurately measure the impact & effectiveness of advertisements/promotions?
– How can we fuel the growth of our podcast monetization business through user centric products?
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of how product, platforms & promotions influence user behavior
- Mentor and coach other data scientists
- Work from our offices in New York
Who You Are
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau), and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
- Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, and especially clustering techniques)
- Worked in an analytics role within an advertising function
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
This job originally appeared on Spotify's website.Apply