Our LA office is looking for a Producer to lead the launch effort across five new weekly podcasts. You’ll collaborate with the funniest hosts in the business to ensure their shows match their creative vision and our network’s production standards.
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrable passion for comedy and podcasts. Someone who can provide the kind of supportive and fun environment that will enable our performers to do their best work.
You should have a deep knowledge of the LA and national comedy scenes, an ear for good audio, superb comic judgement, great people skills, proficiency in audio recording and Adobe Audition editing, and multitasking skills to put all that into practice across multiple shows each week.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate studio recording sessions to facilitate talent having a great experience working with us.
- Develop new show formats based on talent ideas and HeadGum properties. This will include scheduling meeting with potential podcasters, organizing pitch material, and refining outlines and brainstorm notes.
- Scheduling recording sessions with multiple hosts and their guests.
- Collecting podcast cover art as well as theme music.
- Record and edit shows in partnership with our engineering team.
- Offer structural, technical and audio expertise to turn funny ideas into hit shows.
- Provide support and creative input for existing shows to ensure ongoing quality and originality.
- Manage show launches to ensure our marketing, publishing and ad sales teams can all support new shows.
- Ongoing communication and advocacy on behalf of your shows across all parts of our company.
- Work with bookers to bring exciting, diverse, funny guests into our studios.
- Manage production schedules to ensure timely publishing and happy advertisers.
- Posting the show to Art19 hosting platform on the show’s schedule.
- Produce promotional material in ways true to the host’s voice and the show’s spirit.
- Develop audience engagement tactics to foster community and bring new listeners into the network.
- Collaborate with the HeadGum team to develop, sell and deliver original bonus content to run alongside HeadGum releases.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management
- Hands-on audio editing skills (currently in use or in your past)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Critical thinking
- Ability to meet all deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- 2+ years experience in content development and production for: podcast, terrestrial or satellite radio, or similar audio medium
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
- Experience working across a variety of genres and styles: comedy, in-depth interview, news, documentary, etc.
Please submit your application materials (resumé, cover letter, and any appropriate work samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Podcast Producer Application”.
This job originally appeared on Headgum's website.Apply