As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
What You’ll Do:
The Vox Media Podcast Network (VMPN) is one of the largest, fastest growing, and most topically diverse collections of high-quality podcasts in the world. With over 200 active shows from our editorial networks and partners, we empower a portfolio of passionate and trusted voices to host important, meaningful, and entertaining conversations and stories about the news, tech, business, sports, culture, and more.
As a Manager, Podcast Marketing, you’ll work on a team dedicated to the strategic planning, education, and execution of all consumer and business-facing marketing efforts intended to grow the audience, engagement, and revenue of Vox Media’s podcast business.
These Responsibilities Include:
- Focus on select Vox Media Podcast Network podcasts, working with talent on the development and production of evergreen, episode specific promos as well as innovative tactics to raise awareness of shows and increase downloads.
- Develop a marketing plan for key talent – working closely with the Vice President of Communications and Director, Podcast Marketing – to measure and execute tactics designed to raise the profile of the pods and the hosts
- Develop new and innovative ways to share podcasts across platforms and measure their success.
- Work closely with the Director, Podcast Marketing to develop a paid strategy to support growth benchmarks
- Ensure podcast ads are across our owned and operated sites and regularly track their impact
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the company to build and sustain successful podcasts, including periodic check-ins with communications, engagement, and editorial teams to assess performance
- Work closely with the communications team to develop plans and earned opportunities for hit shows and key talent.
- Manage the awards process for select podcasts
- Support the development and production of live podcasts and lead the promotion of these live shows
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience in podcast marketing
- Previous experience in the development of innovative ways to build podcast awareness and increase downloads.
- The ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- A passion for podcasting and an understanding of the industry
- A solutions-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing
- Experience using reporting tools like Megaphone and Chartable a plus
- Strong relationships with podcast marketing teams at external podcast networks a plus
About Working At Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
This job originally appeared on Vox Media's website.Apply