Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to join Spotify’s Free Business Unit. Our mission is to create the best experience for our Spotify Free users and to offer the best return on investment to our advertisers. Our innovations in the podcast advertising space make our podcast ad experience more personalized for podcast fans and allow creators to better monetize their content and make money off their hard work. In this role, you will be instrumental in scaling our Podcast Growth team and bringing Podcasting out of the Noughties and into the Twenties.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a team of engineers through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our Podcast offering
- Participate in engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better development practices (CI, testing, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, performance, and fault tolerance using state of the art tools
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who You Are
- You love developing and growing people and organizations and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about mobile development (iOS and/or Android) or backend engineering
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams
- You have large-scale development experience in an agile development environment
- You may have worked on or have an interest in marketing or growth technology
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
This job originally appeared on Spotify's website.Apply