Wondery is one of the largest podcast publishers in the US. Launched in 2016, and known for its immersive podcasts, Wondery became the fastest network to join the Top 10 ranker by Podtrac, propelled by hit shows such as Dr Death, Dirty John, American History Tellers, Business Wars, Hollywood & Crime and Gladiator. Twenty one of Wondery’s shows have reached # 1 on Apple Podcasts, and Wondery is the only publisher to have simultaneously claimed the # 1 and # 2 ‘Top New Podcasts” slots on an annual Podtrac ranker.
Wondery is seeking an exceptional Director, Product Management experienced in building and managing subscription digital entertainment services. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a combination of experience and attitude that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment built around a strong culture, with the values of wonder, care, character, drive and fun at our core.
Reporting to the SVP Product Management, you will work cross-functionally and with external design and development teams to develop and launch amazing Wondery experiences across platforms. You will own the product roadmap for all aspects of Wondery digital product experiences, defining and prioritizing features including the acquisition funnels, content discovery, personalization and playback. The successful candidate makes data-driven decisions and has a demonstrable track record of successfully building and growing large-scale subscription-based digital experiences on mobile devices. The right candidate is a self-starter and entrepreneurial product manager who can motivate internal and external teams who do not report to him/her as well as communicate effectively with both junior and executive staff.
You must be an avid podcast listener.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap, including future platform expansion strategy, for Wondery+, keeping colleagues and stakeholders up-to-date on goals, timelines, and progress
- Collaborate with our external design and development agencies to execute on the global product roadmap, including both front-end and back-end products and features
- Be the product owner in the agile development process, attending ceremonies, writing and refining user stories and acceptance criteria, and conducting user acceptance testing
- Own relationships with vendors that provide essential technology for Wondery digital experiences
- Be the internal subject matter expert on direct-to-consumer services, platforms, regulations and trends
- Work with Marketing, Content and Executive stakeholders as well as Data team colleagues to define and measure KPIs
- Prioritize feature requests and ideas, and define and ship experiments to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve conversion and retention
- Collaborate with Marketing to define KPIs as well as support customer acquisition and retention initiatives
- Collaborate with Content to ensure features and functionality align with content strategy and tactics
- 10+ years experience in product management
- 5+ years experience working on premium video and/or audio apps, with a strong understanding of industry best practices
- Extensive experience building and launching direct-to-consumer digital subscription services on both iOS and Android
- Proficiency using data to shape decisions, but with strong product instincts, keen on developing human-centered experiences
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead
- Ability to communicate well in both small and large groups
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Comfortable using modern digital analytics platforms tools
This job originally appeared on Wondery's website.Apply