Director, Original Podcasts, Non-Fiction
As Director, Original Podcasts Non-Fiction, you will form part of the senior editorial leadership team for Audible UK. In this 12 month FTC position you will oversee the expansion of Audible UK “beyond the audiobook” from a commissioning and strategic editorial leadership perspective to create a slate of new, original podcasts for a global and British audience. Your team will develop a deep understanding of existing and prospect audiences and create approaches for ensuring our content, creative and messaging resonates with these audiences to drive acquisition and engagement. Your team will own all creative and editorial output for existing and future podcast series, working alongside content focused marketing, communications, CSR and events to enhance Audible’s footprint in the podcasting space. You will work, together with the Business Affairs Director, Content Acquisition and Development, to secure talent of the highest level and liaise with third party producers to create and craft original and exciting content that moves the needle in the podcasting space. You will have a keen storytelling instinct, and know how to improve on work in production. You will provide feedback at a script level and know how to have creative and sensitive editorial discussions. You will work with your in-house team to ensure that projects are delivered on time within a working pipeline and you will work closely with head of production to oversee budgets both at an individual project level and at a commissioning level. You will work to further enhance Audible’s commissioning process, refining and will work closely with our customer insight team to develop a deep understanding of Audible’s prospective and existing members and, as the leader of our UK commissioning panel, ensure that knowledge is considered in all content commissioning and marketing decisions. You will oversee larger, business critical projects as well as a team of executive producers to deliver programming to the highest standard possible.
- · Define the UK commissioning strategy and delivery of key KPI’s, with specific focus on original, statement-making non-fiction podcasts across all genres
- Responsible for driving success in key KPIs across commissioning, curation, acquisitions, licensing and partnerships
- Develop a creative deal strategy with the Business Affairs Director to support the initiation of world-class podcast projects for global distribution
- Own budget, working with the production team to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner at the highest standards
- Establish leads and connections within the wider entertainment industry in the search for new and exciting podcasting opportunities; be externally focused
- Lead UK commissioning development, partnering with global teams to ensure top level commissioning alignment and leading local direction and execution
- Act as the UK brand champion for Audible Podcasts UK both internally and externally ensuring all employees understand what it means and how to support it and representing Audible’s mission to the wider industry.
- Be responsible for key messaging for both internal and external consumption. Work with Audible’s PR and Marketing teams to ensure messaging is on-brand and consistent with Audible’s wider goals and reflects Audible’s programming accurately
- Work with our customer insights, content strategy team and marketing team owning audience segmentation to surface insights to guide content commissioning and prospects
Solid organizational and project management skills are also required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines.
Passionate about shortform audio entertainment.
This job originally appeared on Audible's website.Apply