Spotify’s goal is to become the world’s leading audio platform, and the Studios organization drives the strategy to acquire and build compelling podcast content to achieve this ambition. The Studios Analytics team partners with the organization to power decision making through high quality datasets and dashboards, business planning frameworks, and forecast models.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help us execute Spotify’s podcast strategy. You will define success measures, track performance, and rapidly learn and iterate so that we can deliver content that delights our users. You will use sophisticated techniques on datasets to build meaningful business insights and recommendations.
A successful candidate should love podcasts and solving problems by diving into data to build awesome dashboards for automating regular reporting processes. You should have a strong sense of design and a keen understanding of which metrics matter and which don’t, and possess strong communication skills to interface between technical and content business teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract measurable insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on podcasts.
- Analyze podcast data to determine trends, and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Define KPI’s and success metrics, build and analyze dashboards (Tableau), reports and key datasets to empower data-informed development.
- Communicate recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations.
- Present data in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of Forecasting to better understand the value and impact of content initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of the podcast content landscape.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about podcasts and content in general. Previous experience in podcasts is a strong preference. Other media, entertainment or technology experience is also highly valued.
- Natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them.
- 4 years of relevant applied experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in economics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills such as Python, experience with analytics tools, SQL,Pandas, R, SPSS and experience performing analysis with large datasets.
- Work with data visualization tools and build data visualization concepts, preference for Tableau, or similar.
- Experience creating and scheduling datasets is highly valued. Knowledge of Google’s BigQuery or Java/Scala is a plus.
- Experience reviewing insights and intelligence to provide recommendations to partners.
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business senseExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
This job originally appeared on Spotify's website.Apply