Wondery is one of the largest podcast publishers in the US. Launched in 2016, and known for its immersive podcasts, Wondery became the fastest network to join the Top 10 ranker by Podtrac, propelled by hit shows such as Dr. Death, Dirty John, American History Tellers, Business Wars, Hollywood & Crime, and Gladiator. Twenty one of Wondery’s shows have reached #1 on Apple Podcasts, and Wondery is the only publisher to have simultaneously claimed the #1 and #2 ‘Top New Podcasts” slots on an annual Podtrac ranker.
Wondery is seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Manager, Content Operations. This is a full-time position in Wondery’s Product team focused on publishing Wondery’s podcast portfolio to all platforms as well as curating Wondery’s content catalog on wondery.com, Wondery+ and any future owned platforms. It is a cross-functional role that requires both a process-driven, operational mindset, keen attention to detail, as well as technological skill and aptitude. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a combination of experience and attitude that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment built around a strong culture, with the values of wonder, care, character, drive and fun at our core.
You must be an avid podcast listener.
What You’ll Do:
- Publish final audio files and related content & metadata for Wondery original podcasts and select partner shows to content hosting platforms (i.e. Art19), third-party distribution outlets, and Wondery-owned properties (i.e. wondery.com, Wondery+)
- Manage content publishing to & curation of wondery.com and Wondery+, including the site home page, show pages, and other editorial content and features
- Coordinate with the Content team to ensure on-time publishing of all content to all required platforms
- Work closely with Ad Sales Operations to ensure content publishing aligns with ad sales objectives
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure content publishing aligns with marketing objectives
- Work closely with Product Management team to ensure content publishing strategy aligns with product objectives, publish content to enable testing of new products and product features, and provide feedback and input that drives improvements to the overall content workflow
- Ensure clear communication to all stakeholders when there are delays with execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in digital media publishing operations (podcasts, digital ads, audio and/or video), with a strong understanding of industry best practices for content publishing
- Experience with optimizing metadata for SEO
- Highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear communicator via all channels (i.e., Slack, email, in-person)
This job originally appeared on Wondery's website.Apply