Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Do you want to be part of innovating how our users are discovering, sharing and creating audio content? Our work will impact 280M+ Spotify users, be a growth driver for the business and affect the future of audio.
We are looking for an Associate Principal Product Designer to join a brand new team, innovating in a new product space focussed on Podcasts. You’ll help establish new ways of creating and sharing audio content in a world of infinite sources, channels, and platforms. You will get the chance to work with and scale through our partners who are some of the most innovative market leaders in the world. You will work with Engineering, Design and Product Insights to define the world’s leading audio experience, validate it and scale it. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- You know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights.
- You are comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analysing, and communicating research, and turning the output into data that can drive informed product design decisions.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Providing the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy.
- Take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who You Are
- You have at least 8 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing for mobile is a plus
- You have a service-design mindset and a passion for considering the end-to-end consumer lifecycle, not just designing single screens.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- A great communicator, you have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
This job originally appeared on Spotify's website.Apply