Stitcher is the world’s largest pure-play podcasting company. We started as beloved comedy podcast network Earwolf; via Midroll, we provide ad sales and distribution services to 300+ shows such as The Bill Simmons Podcast, WTF with Marc Maron, Dead Ass with Khadeen and Devale Ellis and many more; and with Stitcher, we own one of the largest podcast apps and a network of original content from talent such as Bill Nye and LeVar Burton. We’re on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we’re looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
We’re hiring an Advertising Sales Associate in LA or Chicago! This role is an integral part of our sales team and responsible for being the communication hub and problem solver for the sales team. In this role, you will input orders, troubleshoot order and billing errors, generate sales reports and much more. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and using creative thinking to find solutions to keep both advertisers and the sales team happy.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, analyze and vet prospective advertisers
- Conduct advertising sales for incoming client leads, at the Regional Vice President of Sales’ discretion
- Assist RVP on special project details as assigned including but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and non-ad department communication
- May facilitate and process sales presentations
- Generate sales reports and ad schedules
- Attend sales training and planning meetings
- Research problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs
- Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, expense reporting, creating correspondence and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call
- Contacts clients as needed regarding, ad materials, pricing, billing
- Provide exemplary customer assistance
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned
what You Bring:
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information and creative layouts
- Must have the ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to the advertising rate packages
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong PowerPoint skills are a must (Ability to creatively use graphics to create PowerPoint presentations)
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad order entry and customer relations management software
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Some college preferred
Stitcher is striving to be the best place to listen to, produce and monetize podcasts. The Stitcher app, available for iOS and Android devices, is one of the world’s most popular podcast listening platforms, with a growing network of original content and a premium subscription service. Stitcher is the parent company of Midroll Media, the leading podcast advertising network representing over 200 of the world’s largest podcasts, and top-ranked comedy podcast network Earwolf. With offices in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco, Stitcher was founded in 2007 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ :SSP ).
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
This job originally appeared on Stitcher's website.Apply